Epoxy coating has become a popular finish for cement floors in many different settings. It is so popular because it is durable and attractive while requiring little upkeep. An epoxy floor is not only long lasting, but it is also very customizable. With a variety of colours to choose from and the option to add decorative chips as well, there are endless possibilities for your floor. So what questions should you consider when choosing an epoxy coating for your floor?
- Where is your floor located? The flooring used in an office building will require a much different look than one in a mechanic shop or a garage. We suggest looking at other similar spaces to get an idea of the best colours and finishes for your space.
- What kind of atmosphere do you desire? Cool colours will give you a more calming feel while warmer colours will add to the energy into a space.
- What colour is best for your floor? One of the perks of an epoxy coating is the many choices of colours available. If we don’t have the colour you are looking for, we can mix colours to achieve the unique look that you desire. Your flooring colour will have the biggest impact on creating the look and feel of your space.
- What finish are you interested in? Epoxy floor finishes can be metallic or matte. Metallic finishes create a marbled floor look. They add visual interest and brighten a space with their extra shine. Matte finishes are a solid colour with the option to add decorative chips.
- What is the condition of your concrete floor? If your concrete floor is cracked or uneven, it may need extra preparation before an epoxy coating can be installed. Proper surface preparation will ensure a successful application and long-lasting floors.
With epoxy it is hard to make a bad choice; the visual effects will transform your floors and create an elegant glow. If you are interested in an epoxy coating, we are here to help you. Give us a call at Ample Epoxy Systems and we can answer your questions and set up an appointment to transform your cement floor.